Pages

 photo Untitled-3_zpsca3d0e00.jpg       photo facebook42_zps23462b59.jpg       photo linkedin42_zps5309c455.jpg       photo tumblr42_zps1fc0d92f.jpg       photo twitter42_zps201c16bf.jpg

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas is just around the corner...

“When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things - not the great occasions - give off the greatest glow of happiness.” 
                                                                 ― Bob Hope

Hi! I'm writing this blog from my very peaceful hometown, Davao City. Going home during the Christmas season feels so different compared to going home on ordinary months... there's just that feeling in the air. A feeling of pure love and joy and excitement to be able to spend time with people who matter the most. I am going to try my best to archive what I've been doing here in Davao the next few days. I can't wait!

Christmas has always been a special time for our family. Not because Jesus was born specifically on December 25, but it's a special time for the family to bond and be thankful of God's greatest gift to mankind -- salvation through Jesus Christ His Son. We spend Christmas with the Curato side, and it has been that way ever since I can remember. What we usually do on that day is that we eat a festive dinner which is called noche buena in Spain, Latin America, and the Philippines. Then, we have a devotional about the Christmas story, then we share God's blessings in our lives throughout the year. It's an emotional moment, I tell you. Last year, I was trying hard to hold back tears in my eyes because my heart was really happy! Tapos, we open the presents! Hehe we don't usually wait for exact midnight to do all this because the kids (p.s. including myself) start to be restless. I think this is one of everybody's favorite part, don't you think?

As a first step, Nica and I got ourselves beanies and we got Kyla one too! Walang basagan ng trip! We know that there is no chance of winter in the Philippines, but it doesn't hurt to imagine that it would, diba? When we got to our house, it was a surprise because the interiors were new. My mom has been renovating the house for the past months she's here and honestly, she did a pretty good job, exceeding our very low expectations for the most part. I kind of feel guilty because my dad, sisters, and I always joke around about her designing skills. Actually, the house looked pretty swell! Maybe I'm gonna blog about it the next time.

Our house is not extravagant.  It may not be much, but it's more than enough to give us a shelter and a place for comfort. It's very simple and we can all genuinely call it HOME. I think that's the most important thing.

Di na makapaghintay sa Christmas, so here's a pic with our beanies!
To all my readers, whoever you are and no matter how anonymous you are to me, I hope you guys have a happy holiday! Let it not be mainly about receiving, but more on how we can share parts of ourselves to others. Jesus is the reason for the season. And supposedly all the year round. :)

Merry Christmas! I'll update as always as I can! 


No comments:

Post a Comment